CalAmp’s rugged LMU-4500 product is an environmentally sealed dual-mode location and messaging device for mining and construction markets that features both satellite and cellular communications as well as connection to the vehicles ECU. The rugged LMU-4500 will enable worldwide monitoring and control of mobile assets in severe climates and conditions. The LMU-4500 offers leading GPS sensitivity receiver technology; either HSPA, GSM/GPRS and CDMA cellular technologies; built 3D accelerometer to measure g-force conditions; a multitude of I/O interfaces to hook up to; and expandable accessories that make it an industry leading value proposition. The LMU-4500 expandability and ﬂexibility lowers the cost of delivering, supporting, and growing heavy duty ﬂeet management solutions.
The LMU-4500 is designed to support customers needing a leading ﬂeet management features, 16G accelerometers for measuring motion, driver behavior and impact events in an environmentally sealed enclosure. The LMU-4500 features a multitude of interfaces such as two switched power serial ports, Mobile Data Terminal (MDT) support, a comprehensive I/O system , optional jPOD heavy-duty ECU interface reads and transmits engine condition and performance data such as engine run time, oil pressure, temperature and other key performance metrics to provide the best possible real-time picture of vehicle health. In addition, the LMU-4500 offers optional WiFi capabilities. This expandable architecture saves upfront costs while allowing your solutions to grow with customers’ changing needs.
The LMU-4500 employs CalAmp’s industry leading on-board alert engine, PEG™ (Programmable Event Generator). This advanced engine monitors external conditions and supports customer-deﬁned exception-based rules to help meet the needs of your application. PEG continuously monitors the vehicle environment and responds instantaneously to pre-deﬁned threshold conditions related to time, date, motion, location, geo-zone, input and other event combinations. With PEG, your unique application will meet demanding customer requirements. This behavior can be programmed by CalAmp before shipment, at a customer's facility, or over-the-air once the unit has been ﬁelded. Combining affordability and device intelligence with your unique application provides the most ﬂexible tracking device in its class.
The LMU-4500 also incorporates CalAmp’s industry leading over-the-air device management and maintenance software, PULS™ (Programming, Update and Logistics System). Conﬁguration parameters, PEG™ scripts, and ﬁrmware can all be updated over the air. PULS™ offers out-of-the-box, hands-free conﬁguration and automatic post-installation upgrades. You can also monitor unit health status across your customers’ ﬂeets to quickly identify issues before they become expensive problems.
- Sealed IP67 enclosure
- HSPA, GSIVI/GPRS or CDIVIA Ix cellular conﬁgurations
- Dual reporting 20,000 buffered message log to manage cellular, satellite, or WiFi logging
- Built-in 3-axis accelerometer for motion sensing, hard braking, impact detection
- 8 Inputs / 8 Outputs / 4 A-to-D
- Two I-wire interfaces for driver ID or temperature sensors
- Two switched power serial ports
- Expansion ports for plug-in Vehicle Bus, or WiFi
- Conﬁgurable power sleep modes
- Gamin, MDT, and other advanced peripheral support
- 32 built in Geo-fences, plus any combination of circle or polygon zones, up to 4500 points
- Back-up battery
- Automatic, Over-The-Air unit conﬁguration on power-up (PULS™)
- Over-The-Air ﬁrmware download (PULS™)
- Web-based device management diagnostic tools (PULS™)
- PEG™ event conﬁgurable behavior