Summary Panels appear on the Live Mode and History Mode map views whenever an object displayed on the map is selected. The box that pops open on the interface is the Summary Panel, and there are a number of different types and ways to open each. Summary Panels display specific information related to the object in question.
Summary Panel - Geofence
Geofence Summary Panels can be opened either by clicking anywhere inside the Geofence on the map interface, or by clicking the name of the Geofence in the List Panel of the Geofences Module. Currently, Geofence Summary Panels only display the name of the Geofence.
Summary Panel - Place
Place Summary Panels can be opened from the List Panel in the Places Module, or by clicking on the Place in the map view. Details in the panel contain at least the lat/lng coordinates, and will also include any Attributes assigned to the Place by the user. These Attributes include a Description, Contact, and/or Photo.
Summary Panel - Data Points (Positions)
Position Summary Panels display the details of any reported position, and may vary depending upon the Asset and the type of information it collects and reports. At the bottom of each of the Position Summary Panels is a set of navigation buttons to move between the reported positions in sequential order.
Summary Panel - Trip
Summary Panels for Trips can be opened from the Journeys Module by clicking on their names in the List Panel. Summary Panels for Trips are actually Interpoint Summaries with pre-filled begin and end dates. Information displayed in the Summary Panels for Trips:
Displays the start date and time of the Trip Segment. This includes the specific location of the first reported position in the Trip in both lat/lng and address formats.
Displays the end date and time of the Trip Segment. This includes the specific location of the last reported position in the Trip in both lat/lng and address formats.
Shows interpoint summary data - see interpoint summaries below
Summary Panel - Shared View (In Shared View Module)
Summary Panels for Shared Views can be opened in the Shared View Module by clicking a Shared View from the List Panel. It contains the following information: * Default Map Mode settings * Description of the Shared View * Status * Expires * Availability * Two-way Messaging * Created On * Updated On Shared View Summary Panels also have a shortcut link button (Share This View) that opens the details panel for that Shared View and prompts users to Share using one of the buttons.
Interpoint Summaries provide a way for portal users to view information from a specific segment of data in summary format. Interpoint Summaries contain the following information.
- Begin: displays the start date and time of the Trip Segment. This includes the specific location of the first reported position in the Trip in both lat/lng and address formats. Users can change the begin date/time to any position reported by the asset.
- End: displays the end date and time of the Trip Segment. This includes the specific location of the last reported position in the Trip in both lat/lng and address formats. Users can change the end date/time to any position reported by the asset, as long as it occurred after the start date.
- Details: The Details section updates to reflect the summary data from the range selected at Begin/End.
- Positions: shows the total number of positions that were reported between the start and finish positions
- Distance: calculates the total distance traveled between the start and finish positions along the segment.
- Average Speed: Calculates and displays the average reported speed from all reported positions
- Max Speed: Displays the highest speed reported for all reported positions
- Duration: Calculates and displays the duration between the start and finish reports